UPDATED: March 3, 2013
In order to run a group that is shopper-friendly, we’ve established some new rules and updated some old ones. The rules are non-negotiable, but we do believe they will benefit the merchants of Builder’s Bargains as well as our esteemed shoppers group.
Please note that this is a screened event. Application to become a merchant does not guarantee that the application will be accepted. As of March 3, 2013, all expenses related to the running of the blog, the group, including the fees paid to our blogger, tier, and all third-party advertising are paid for by the group manager who retains full right of refusal on all applications.
Questions regarding these rules and requests for applications should be addressed to Kat Alderson in world, via IM.
- No drama, verbal abuse, hate-related content, hate-related language, or copyright violations of any kind will be tolerated.
- Merchants must keep a current Builder’s Bargain group joiner rezzed in their stores at all times.
- Merchants may only advertise their own products, and must never misrepresent them.
- Merchants must post their User License Agreement in their store (and on their Marketplace), at the point of purchase.
SUBMITTING FOR THE SALE HOP:
You are responsible for completing your submission, in accordance with the rules, and having it in on time. Submissions which do not follow the rules will be disregarded.
- Submissions are due on the Sunday prior to the sale. Cut-off time is 2pm SLT. Submit your notecard to the red mail box on the desk in the Builder’s Bargains Office.
- You must submit product ADS. Snapshots are not acceptable. Product ads must NOT show plywood or tinted prims, except to demonstrate size or scale. Images and text must be PG.
- You may include up to 3 items on your submission.
- Products submitted must be priced at least 50% off.
- You may not submit the same product twice.
SETTING UP FOR THE SALE HOP
You are responsible for having you products out on time, displayed correctly, and priced correctly. We will not include items on the list that aren’t ready to go by the time we start store checks on Wednesday.
- Your items must be rezzed within 25 meters of your landing point AND must be visible from the landing point for the entirety of the sale. You must rez the newest Builder’s Bargains group joiner with them.
- Your products must be out and priced correctly on Wednesday, before 2pm SLT.
- Your products must remain out and priced correctly through Sunday, 11:59pm SLT
- You must send the complete list, exactly as it is sent to you, to your store groups each time you participate, and no later than Friday at 6pm SLT.
SENDING NOTICES TO THE BUILDER’S BARGAINS GROUP
Notice privileges are for actively participating merchants. To be considered active, you must submit for the sale at least once every two months.
✘ You may send up to two notices per calendar week. (Calendar week is Sunday through Saturday.)
✘ Notices must be for your products and must have a notecard, created by you, attached. Notecards must include the following:-
- Product ad(s)
- Landmark to your store (and/or your Marketplace URL):
- Price of items being advertised.
✘ Directly attaching a landmark, photo or object to a notice is forbidden. These must go onto a notecard.
✘ You may embed notecards for sales, hunts and fairs you are participating in onto your product notecard. You may not send sale lists, hunt lists, or fair information directly.
Each merchant is responsible for knowing, understanding, and adhering to the rules and our schedule. While we understand that first life can interfere with your schedule, we have first lives, too, and we have a schedule to adhere to for the rest of the merchants and our shoppers.
Further, we’ll treat you with courtesy as long as you treat us with courtesy. While we understand that some of you have tempers, we also understand that you’re adults and responsible for your own actions, so when a conversation gets hostile or abusive, we will mute, eject, ban and Abuse Report.
The order of the list will NOT be wholly dependent on the date you submit your product. We don’t want you to rush to finish something just to be first on the list. We may put new merchants first, we may put products that tickle our fancy first. We might put them in alphabetical order by product name, store name or merchant name. We might decide to put them in ascending or descending order based on price. We might put the names in hat and do a random order.
We reserve the right to change these rules.